A whirr in the food processor with lemon zest, lemon juice and more fresh rosemary resulted in this silky smooth delicious and nutritious dip.
By Chris Scheuer
A whirr in the food processor with lemon zest, lemon juice and more fresh rosemary resulted in a silky smooth delicious and nutritious dip. Coriander and a splash of Sriacha added the finishing flavorful touches. I think you’ll find it perfect for snacking or as a fabulous, light appetizer.
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
- 1 cup peeled and roughly chopped carrots, (or use baby carrots)
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 2-inch sprigs rosemary
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 400?F. Line a medium size roasting pan or sheet pan with foil.
- Pour both cans of beans into a colander and rinse well. Set aside to drain while proceeding with recipe.
- Place carrots, olive oil, sea salt and garlic cloves in prepared pan and stir to coat. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes or until carrots are almost tender. Add drained beans and rosemary sprigs, tucking the sprigs under the veggies a bit. Roast another 5 minutes then stir and return to oven for 5 more minutes, again tucking rosemary under the carrot/bean mixture. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- After cooling period, remove rosemary sprigs and place roasted carrot/bean mixture along with all other ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Puree until very smooth. If mixture is too thick, add more water, just a few drops at a time till you reach a spreadable consistency. Serve at room temperature with crackers and/or fresh veggies.