Kristina Wiley lets her own private bartender – her husband – serve up a delicious classic summer cocktail with a twist.
Text And Photo By Kristina Wiley
My husband (referred to as “the Hubs”) is the official cocktail maker in our home, as well as our friends homes! We love entertaining our friends: I do the cooking while the hubs tends the bar. Perfect pair, I must say!
Anyhow, I love me a good peach bellini! I had a hankering for one the other day, so I asked the hubs to whip one up for me. He noticed that we had a ton of rosemary growing in our garden, so he decided to make me a classic bellini with a twist! WOW. That is all I have to say! DELICIOUS!
Now, what girl doesn’t love frozen fruity cocktails? I know I do! It’s the first type of alcoholic beverage that us gals are generally introduced to (hello, frozen margarita)! The true test, though, of a fruity cocktail is the opinion of a man’s man.
Well, friends, I’m here to tell you that my motorcycle riding, home beer brewing, baseball playing, home renovation loving, guy’s guy of a husband LOVED these (even when he didn’t want to!). He fought it, but after downing 2 of these, even he was willing to admit these were GREAT!
Enjoy these delicious summer cocktails!
- Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- Rosemary Infused Frozen Peach Bellini:
- 2 cups frozen peach slices
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup Spumante (or Proseco or any sparking white wine)
- 2 oz peach schnapps
- 1 oz rosemary simple sugar
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 peach, sliced thin for garnish
- Rosemary Simple Sugar: Combine sugar and water in a sauce pan over high heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add in rosemary sprigs and stir occasionally. Bring it a rolling boil for one minute and then remove from heat and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Pour through a strainer into an air tight container and refrigerate (will keep for a month).
- Rosemary Infused Frozen Peach Bellini:Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into champagne glasses and garnish with peach slice.