A beautiful marriage of sunflower seeds, bell peppers, coconut milk, and the strawberry flavors of Chandon Brut Rose delivers the very essence of summer in this glowing cocktail.
Created by revolutionary bartender and activist, Jakob Kramer-Jensen at Sundry and Vice. The premiere cocktail bar and restaurant located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This rosé wine cocktail titled “They Go Low, We Go Pride”, is a reflection of the season and Jakob. Serving as a leader in the hospitality community. As well as a social activist, heavily advocating for his community prior to bartending.
Radiating the bright colors of the sun and pride, this Rosé Wine Cocktail made with Chandon Brut Rose features a unique blend of sunflower seed infused coconut milk, lime juice, yellow bell peppers shaken with the brisk fizzy bubbles. The result is delightful, unexpected and tantilizing.
See below for Jakob’s cocktail recipe essential for celebrating the warm glows of the season.
They Go Low We Go Pride Recipe
They Go Low, We Go PrideJakob Kramer-Jensen
- 4.5 oz Chandon Brut Rosé
- 1.0 oz Lime Juice
- 0.75 oz Yellow Bell Pepper Syrup
- 0.75 oz Sunflower Seed Golden Coconut Milk
- 4 drops Saline Solution
- Add all ingredients except for the Chandon Brut Rose into shaker tin. Hard Shake. Fine strain and then dry shake (adds some extra texture with the coconut milk). Strain into 13.5 oz Poco Grande Glass (or larger if you want some crushed ice, pictured without). Garnish with lemon twist flower, and edible golden glitter rim.
How to make Sunflower Seed Golden Coconut Milk:
- To a small saucepan, add one tablespoon of sunflower seeds, and lightly toast for about a minute. Then add one 1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz), 1 tsp ground turmeric, 2 cinnamon sticks, .5 tsp black pepper, and .5 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup. Whisk to combine and warm over medium heat. Heat until hot to the touch but not boiling – about 4 minutes – whisking frequently. Turn off heat, and let cool.
- *1-2 teaspoons of pre-made golden milk powder can be substituted for the turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper and maple syrup. Just add to toasted sunflower seeds and coconut milk and heat, then cool.
Alyssa is passionate about donuts, burpees, listening to the stories of the people who devote their time to fill our stomachs and exploring. She spends most of her time balancing her love for sugary, carb heavenly goods and fitness trends. She is currently working at the empowering fitness community Lucille Roberts as their Social Media Manager