This quinoa salad has it all. Cherry tomatoes, sliced apples, cannelloni beans, and fresh radishes are tossed together with a dijon dressing to make a flavorful side dish. With the addition of herbed sausage, this side salad can easily become a main dish.
By Simone Van Den Berg
- 150 gr red quinoa
- handfull of mixed cherry tomatoes
- handfull of chopped cashewnuts (unsalted)
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 apple, chopped
- few dried apricots in pieces
- 3-4 sundried tomatoes in oil, in pieces
- Small can of canellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- few radishes, in slices
- fresh thyme, a few twigs, leaves only
- 75 ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- bit of honey
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions with two stock cubes (making sure you have at least 1 ltr of water) and leave to cool.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters or halves (depending on size) and cut and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Put everything together in a large bowl and shake it up
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the ingedients together and stir this well until it becomes one.
- Because of the dijon mustard it is a spicy dressing so if you don’t like that use a milder mustard
- Add some of the dressing to the salad and serve
Simone van den Berg is a Netherlands based freelance food photographer and food blogger. She has a passion for cooking, food and travel, which she shares on her blog Simone's Kitchen and of course right here on Honest Cooking.