Enjoy the vibrant colors and the wonderful taste of this red beet and ginger purée, courtesy of Mardi from Brookyn Fork and Spoon.
By Carly DeFilippo
- 2 medium red beets
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 one-inch by two-inch piece of ginger, chopped
- ½ cup of vegetable broth
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Greek yogurt (to top the purée)
- Slice ends off of beets and wrap them individually in tinfoil.
- Place on a baking sheet in the oven for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove the beets from the oven, peel off the skin and slice into small pieces. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Add beets to food processor along with ginger, vegetable broth, olive oil and scallions. Blend until well pureed.
- Add the goat cheese and salt. Blend again.
- Pour mixture into bowls and top with a dollop of greek yogurt, a few extra scallions and a sprinkle of cracked pepper.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Carly is a Contributing Writer at Honest Cooking. Though the first line of her college application essay was "I love tunafish," it wasn't until she pursued graduate studies in Paris that she ever considered a future in food. Based in Manhattan, Carly is a freelance writer and the co-founder of Cognoscenti Creative, a boutique branding agency dedicated to establishing artisans as influencers.