Need a delicious salad with a homemade, vegan dressing? Look no further! This Radicchio Salad with Vegan Ranch Dressing is fit for a weeknight or a dinner party side.
A vegan buttermilk ranch dressing – that’s whole-food, plant based – and delicious? Yes, yes, and yes. This creamy dressing might be the answer you’ve been looking for all this time. It’s become a favorite at our house.
This time of year, it’s a fantastic addition to a holiday dinner celebration.
Of course, you can use this recipe to dress any salad greens you like, and I can tell you from experience that heirloom tomatoes (in the summer) are an especially nice addition, but here’s just how very simply we made this salad work for us last night!
Radicchio Salad with Vegan Ranch DressingVicki Brett-Gach
- 1 head radicchio chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce or leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Toasted hazelnuts
- Place salad greens in medium size bowl, and set aside.
- To make Vegan Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, place cashews, soy milk, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, and salt in a high powered blender, and process until smooth. Add the parsley and pulse a few times to combine.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing, and refrigerate the remainder.
- Top salad with toasted hazelnuts, and serve immediately.
Vicki Brett-Gach is a food writer, recipe developer, cooking instructor, Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator, and Certified Personal Chef. She specializes in simple, low-fat, heart-healthy plant-based nutrition, and writes, coaches, teaches, and blogs about delicious vegan food. Find more of Vicki’s recipes on her blog, Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen at AnnArborVeganKitchen.com.