A beautiful tart that looks so sophisticated and takes so little time to put together.
By Michelle Rose
Whenever I’m entertaining, and short on time, I simply pull out some puff pastry, a couple of slices of raclette, some seasonal vegetables, and voila! A beautiful tart that looks so sophisticated and takes so little time to put together.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 4 slices raclette
- 4 asparagus spears, cooked or grilled
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup diced, cooked ham or bacon
- egg wash
- Thaw and roll out puff pastry to ¼? thick. Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut out 4 squares. Using the scraps, cut out small strips to line the top of the squares. Use egg wash to stick them to the square.
- Place a piece of raclette in the middle of your tart. Sprinkle the asparagus, onions, and ham over the tarts
- Brush edges of the tart with egg wash
- Bake until pastry has risen and is golden brown
After quitting her job, Michelle packed a bag and set off on a four year trip around the world. The one souvenir she brought back: a love of food and cooking. Taking a cooking class while traveling is the only thing that weighs nothing and stays with you forever. Returning home, she enrolled in the Pastry Arts program at the French Culinary Institute in New York City and has worked in some of North Americas finest restaurants and pastry shops. She currently resides in Toronto where she chronicles her travels and recipes on her blog Sweet Escapes.