PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
With all the flavors of a PB & J, this waffle batter is made with peanut butter and served with Strawberry Preserves.
I talked about Mother’s Day gifts earlier this week, but I’m a big fan of celebrating the day by creating food memories, too! I was such a PB&J kid growing up… my Mom must have made me THOUSANDS of them over the years. So, this Mother’s Day, I thought I’d whip up a grown up version for her in the form of PB&J WAFFLES. Smothered in Bonne Maman preserves.
If you’ve never tried Bonne Maman, you’ve got to change that ASAP. Not only are their products produced in France and DELISH, but they’re also made with all natural ingredients/fresh fruit with no high fructose corn syrup, artificial coloring or preservatives. And if you’re about to tell me you can’t make these delicious PB&J waffles because you don’t have a waffle iron – just buy one already!
Now I’ll admit, I really wanted to create some sort of peanut butter drizzle… but I could not figure out how to get it right! Do any of you know how to make it happen without adding extra sugar? I also tried to avoid a super oily PB for this recipe, but now I think that would have worked better.
Moral of the story: if I figure out how to make a pretty drizzle happen, I’ll update this post ASAP. I promise!
Enter to WIN fabulous kitchen swag! Click the image below.
For more recipe ideas, check out these fun toasts.
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (softened)
- 4 tsp oil
- 6 tbsp almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Simple Mills waffle mix
- Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- Extra Peanut Butter
- Whisk softened peanut butter, oil, almond milk and eggs together.
- Stir in the waffle mix until everything is incorporated.
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Spray with cooking spray and pour your batter onto the iron.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Warm peanut butter in the microwave or in a saucepan for a few seconds to soften.
- Serve the waffles warm with Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves and drizzle (or dollop!) the peanut butter on top!