A savory cake that is ideal for an appetizer and is made with the buttery-flavored kamut wheat.
Photographs by G. Giustolisi
Ideally served freshly baked, these soft and fragrant cakes are a delicious idea for an appetizer, to serve with vegetables. Made with unrefined ingredients and extra virgin olive oil, they are a perfect snack for kids and for those who love to eat in a healthy and tasty way.
- 200 g (7 oz) wholemeal Kamut flour
- 15 g (½oz/¼cup) organic instant yeast for salt (organic means no dry chemical baking powder)
- a teaspoon of sea salt
- 80 g (2 ¾ oz) Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- White pepper to taste
- 10 toasted hazelnuts
- 1 organic egg
- 125 (4 fl oz/½ cup) ml extra virgin olive oil
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, yeast, salt, Parmesan cheese, white pepper and hazelnuts.
- Beat the egg and add oil, continuing to emulsify.
- Gradually, add dry ingredients, stirring quickly.
- Place the dough on the appropriate molds and bake at 180°/gas 4 for 12-15 minutes.