It doesn’t take beyond 15 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes to cook about 10 of these delightful parathas.
By Priya Mahadevan
Paneer Parathas - South Asian Flatbread
It does not take beyond 15 minutes of prep time and beyond 20 to cook about 10 of these delightful parathas.
Author: Priya Mahadevan, adapted from Divya or ChefinYou
Recipe Type: Side
Serves: 10 flatbread
- 2 cups of chakki atta (stone ground wheat flour)
- 11/4 cups of warm water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1 cup of cubed paneer
- 3 green chilies finely chopped
- 1tbsp of fresh cilantro
- I Soaked store bought paneer in hot water, drain after a few minutes and proceeded to crumble it
- Knead or use mixer to make the dough soft, yet firm
- Keep covered until you get the paneer crumbled, salted, and chilies and cilantro added
- Make lemon sized balls of the dough
- Roll out into rounds bigger than your palm
- Make a smaller ball of the paneer and place in the center of the rolled out dough
- Fold the dough over the paneer ball and pinch out any extra dough
- Dust the rolling area with flour and roll out the paratha to the size of a tea saucer
- Heat pan and add a smidgen of butter
- Place the paratha on the melting butter and cook - repeat on both sides and with each.