A delicate olive oil is the essential ingredient for a pastry naturally sweetened with malt and enriched by the scent of Sicilian blood orange juice.
In Southern Italy, the extra virgin olive oil is a sacred ingredient. Also used as a beauty treatment for the body and hair in the organic cosmetics, extra virgin olive oil is perfect for sweet dishes. It is not surprising how luscious this basic olive oil cookie recipe is. These cookies are simply delicious, light and ideal for breakfast.
A delicate extra virgin olive oil is the essential ingredient for a pastry naturally sweetened with malt and enriched by the scent of Sicilian blood orange juice.
- 170 g (6 oz/1 cup) Kamut flour
- the juice of an organic orange
- 4 tablespoon rice or barley malt
- 80 ml (2 ½ fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the flour with the orange juice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Roll out the dough and create the desired shapes.
- Bake, in preheated oven, at 180° C (350° F/ gas 4) for 15 minutes.