Leftovers of the batter and the topping can be turned into even smaller versions of this sweet dessert using cupcake liners.
By Siri Pulipaka
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup plum wedges
- Melt a tbsp of butter, sugar and add plum wedges. Mix well until they are even coated and cook for 2 to 3 mins. Turn off heat.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well for 2 to 3 mins on medium speed using electric mixer or whisk rigorously with hand.
- Add flour mixture half cup at-a-time and Mix everything until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C. Grease ramekins with butter and place a layer of fruit at the bottom. Top with few spoonfuls of cake batter and evenly distribute it.
- Place these ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for a 5 to 10 minutes. Gently invert each ramekin and unmould the cakes. Serve.
Siri is an obsessed foodie, an avid blogger, a passionate photographer and one who yearns for simple pleasures of life. She writes about recipes, her culinary adventures and reviews local restaurants & events on her blog - Cooking With Siri, which she started in summer of 2007 during her stint in the US. She believes in farmer's markets, growing her own food and eating responsibly & locally. She also has a photography blog - 365 Days of Siri, where she shares and documents a slice of her daily life through the camera lens. She currently lives in Hyderabad, India along with her food-loving husband.