Methi Matar Malai is a rich dish made from freshly chopped fenugreek leaves (methi leaves) , green peas, cream and indian spices.
By Anita Mokashi
Methi Matar Malai Recipe
Author: Anita Mokashi
Recipe Type: Entree
- 2 cups chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup green peas
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- To be ground into a paste
- 4 green chillies
- 2 tbsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Make a paste out of green chillies,cashewnuts,poppy seeds and ginger garlic paste by adding some water.
- Wash the methi leaves, chop them and add salt. Keep them aside.
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds and onions. Sauté onions till translucent.
- Make puree of tomatoes and add to the onions. Let it cook for 5 mins.
- Add the poppy seeds & cashewnuts paste.
- Mix well and add garam masala and salt powder.
- Now add fenugreek leaves and green peas.
- Mix everything well.
- Finally add cream and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Methi Matar Malai is ready to be served with hot rotis.