Methi Matar Malai is a rich dish made from freshly chopped fenugreek leaves (methi leaves) , green peas, cream and indian spices.
By Anita Mokashi
Methi Matar Malai Recipe
- Author: Anita Mokashi
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup green peas
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- To be ground into a paste
- 4 green chillies
- 2 tbsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Make a paste out of green chillies,cashewnuts,poppy seeds and ginger garlic paste by adding some water.
- Wash the methi leaves, chop them and add salt. Keep them aside.
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds and onions. Sauté onions till translucent.
- Make puree of tomatoes and add to the onions. Let it cook for 5 mins.
- Add the poppy seeds & cashewnuts paste.
- Mix well and add garam masala and salt powder.
- Now add fenugreek leaves and green peas.
- Mix everything well.
- Finally add cream and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Methi Matar Malai is ready to be served with hot rotis.
Anita Mokashi is based in California, but born and brought up in Mumbai, India. Her blog Crave Cook Click is mostly about Indian cooking, but occasionally she shares recipes from other cultures and cuisines too. Anita is also the publisher of a popular photography blog.
salt and cream is ok together?
I try according to your receipe instructions and it’s cook yummy.
Thank you for sharing your receipe with us.
Tried your recipe,was very tasty,thank you!
your recipe is amazing..I tried it and it was great.. thanks
I have tried this recipe. It’s turned out very good.
Tried your recipe.. n it was super yummy.. I loved it so much that I have shared it with all my friends and also liked your Facebook page.. :-) thanks for sharing.
But When to Add Methi leaves in it !!!!!! Ha ha