A crisp winter salad, rich in colors and flavors. The dates and vinaigrette are the special ingredients of this recipe that makes for a perfect side dish or snack.
photos by G. Giustolisi
- Author: Veronica Lavenia
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side
- 400 g 14 oz winter salad (radicchio, iceberg lettuce…)
- 50 g 2 oz pine nuts
- 50 g 2 oz dried pitted dates
- For the vinaigrette
- 1 tangerine
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pepper (to taste (preferably freshly ground))
- Clean, wash and coarsely chop the salad leaves.
- In a skillet, toast the pine nuts.
- Cut the dates coarsely.
- Squeeze the tangerine and mix with balsamic vinegar. Pour the olive oil and emulsify.
- Add salt, pepper. Season the salad and serve.
Veronica is a born and raised Italian. She inherited her love for travel, passion for cooking and natural, sustainable, healthy slow food from her parents. Her works have appeared in 'Vegetarian Living', 'Veggie Magazine', 'Lifestyle food', 'Australian Good Food & Travel Guide', 'Chickpea' and 'Free from Heaven', among others. She is the author of "Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread"; 'The Rustic Italian bakery", "The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen" and "A Modern Italian table", published by New Holland Publishers Australia.