A classic iced tea elevated by a medley of fruits and garnishes.
It does take some time to chill the tea it might be a good idea to do that the night before. I have not added any sugar to the mix as I do think the fruit adds enough sweetness.
For me the key is to serve it in short glasses so you can easily pick out a sweet, juicy piece of fruit after each sip.
For some fizz add a glass of soda water or to make it even more festive, top each glass with a bit of bubbly.
- 1250ml boiling water
- 4 rooibos tea bags
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 fresh mangoes
- 1 apple
- 2 peaches
- a few torn sprigs of mint
- fresh raspberries and mint leaves for garnish
- ice cubes
- Make the tea by steeping the teabags in the boiling water for about 15 minutes for a good strong tea. Remove the teabags and place the tea in the fridge for at least 4 hours to chill.
- Peel one mango and chop into chunks. Liquidize with a quarter cup of tea to a smooth pulp. Add to the chilled tea and whisk to mix well.
- Peel the other mango and cut into small cubes. Slice the apple and peaches into thin slices. Add to the tea and mango mixture with a few torn sprigs of mint.
- Place the tea back into the fridge and let it chill for another 2 hours for the flavours to blend.
- When ready to serve give it a good mix, and pour into shortish glasses with a few cubes of ice. Garnish with a few raspberries and mint.