This quick and flavorful chicken dish is super easy to make and is packed with flavor.
By Kelly Hunt
One of my favorite things to make is chicken and I’m always on the search for new and improved recipes that are quick and easy to make while still being healthy. Well I think I found a new favorite. This Lemon and Rosemary Chicken recipe was incredible! The combination of flavors were spot on, the chicken was juicy and your entire meal cooks all in one skillet! Doesn’t get much easier than that! I loved the flavor the potatoes had after roasting in the lemon-rosemary mixture and decided throw the lemons in the pan right along with them. Trust me your kitchen will smell crazy good!
To make this delicious dish even healthier, I chose to cut a ton of fat and calories from the original recipe by using boneless skinless chicken breasts and less oil. I thought they still tasted just as delicious, but feel free to use chicken breasts with their skin for even more flavor! Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!Print
Lemon and Rosemary Chicken
This quick and flavorful chicken dish is so easy to make and is packed with so much flavor!
- Author: Kelly Hunt
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 pound small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 Tbsp leaves
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 2 lemons (squeezed halves reserved)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 tsp. salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl and stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, cover and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken; add potatoes to the skillet and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon.
- Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 breast + 2 potatoes
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 30 g
Kelly is a DC based food blogger with a true passion for cooking and a love for photography. Her blog "Eat Yourself Skinny" has been featured on such sites as Cooking Light Magazine and Women's Health and she shares how maintaining a healthy lifestyle can be fun. As a home cook, she loves to put a spin on classic favorites by substituting calorie-loaded ingredients with healthier alternatives that still taste delicious.
This recipe will be written down & added to my collection! It was easy to follow & turned out amazing! Everyone at the dinner table kept going on & on about how good it was! I was very surprised how moist the chicken stayed w/ no skin. I didn’t have red potatoes so i used white instead. Awesome recipe! Thanks for sharing!