Keep cool this summer and make your own ice creams and sweet treats fitting for the hottest days. Chow and Alex Mezger have debuted a new cookbook, Jude’s Ice Cream and Desserts, and it’s about to be our ice cream-making Bible for 2019.
Chow and Alex are brothers and also the sons of the founder of Jude’s, a beloved U.K. ice cream shop using local cow’s milk. Now at the helm of the company, the brothers have put out a delicious cookbook of favorite flavors and innovative concoctions just in time for summer. Here’s a peek inside the book:
Flat White Coffee Ice Cream
It’s smooth, it’s rich, it’s the perfect way to end a dinner party AND it’s no-churn.
Flat White Coffee Ice CreamChow and Alex Mezger
- 75 ml 2½fl oz strong coffee ? (2 generous shots)
- 175 g 6oz icing sugar
- 500 ml 18fl oz double cream
- Pinch of ground coffee to serve
- Make the coffee using a cafetière and pour into a large bowl. Add the icing sugar and whisk until dissolved. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before pouring in the double cream. Using an electric handheld whisk, beat for 4–5 minutes until thick, voluminous soft peaks form and the whisk leaves a trail over the surface.
- Spoon the ice-cream base into an airtight, freezer-proof container and put in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, until firm. Remove from the freezer and allow the ice cream to soften for 5–10 minutes before scooping. Serve with a sprinkling ?of ground coffee on top.
Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie
This is like your usual lemon pie, but frozen and quite a glorious presentation.
This sundae is a retro delight. It’s a beautiful glass of strawberries, marshmallows, vanilla ice cream and some fun crunchy toppings.