A cozy chickpea soup loaded with lime, turmeric, and a crunchy topping of honey mustard-glazed nuts and seeds.
We love soup. Not only because it makes great leftovers, but because it’s a great excuse to bring out your best topping game.
This colorful chickpea soup is best served with a squeeze of lime juice, fresh cilantro and a handful of Second Nature Snacks Honey Mustard Protein mix. This savory blend is a combo of honey mustard glazed almonds, cashews and pecan pieces, pepitas, peanuts and dry roasted edamame. The perfect crunch to add to a soup!
Disclosure: We were not compensated for this post, but we did receive free Second Nature product in order to create this recipe. Our opinion is our own, it’s good stuff!
Honey Mustard Chickpea Soup
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ginger (minced)
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 of a lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- Second Nature Honey Mustard Protein (for garnish)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Heat oil and saute onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric until soft and fragrant.
- Place cooked chickpeas in the pot with 4 cups of stock. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Mash some of the chickpeas with a spoon agains the side of the pot for a smoother consistency.
- Serve soup topped with chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice and the honey mustard mix.
- Category: Soup
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. We strive to create an inspiring place for culinary exploration, salivating recipes, interesting personalities and stories.