Summery chicken kabobs marinated in a sweet but zesty honey-lime marinade.
By Taylor Kadlec
Now that summer is in full swing, I’ve been grilling out every chance I get. Though, with the 90-degree weather we’ve been having, I think I’d rather turn on the oven than stand out in the heat by the grill. Regardless, ’tis the season and I don’t think we’ll let the heat stop us from grilling anytime soon.
Since I had such good luck with some salmon skewers a few weeks ago, I wanted to do a chicken skewer recipe. Why does meat taste so much better when it’s cut up and stuck on a stick?! I’m not sure but this chicken was no exception. I let the diced chicken marinate for a couple of hours to really let the flavors set in. The honey gives it a bit of sweetness which the lime balances that out, and the Sriracha gives it just a bit of a kick. And the cilantro – I just love it. If you’re not a fan, leave it out but I loved little bits of cilantro in every bite.Print
Honey Lime Chicken Kabobs
Chicken kabobs marinated in a sweet but zesty honey-lime marinade.
- Author: Taylor Kadlec
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- juice of one lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, oil, lime juice, garlic, Siracha, and cilantro.
- In sealable container, pour over chicken breasts and let marinate for at least one hour, up to three hours.
- Put chicken onto metal skewers or wood skewers that have been soaked.
- Grill over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Taylor Kadlec is a lover of all things food including baking, cooking, and of course, eating. She is a self-taught baker and cook, and she shares her kitchen adventures on her blog Greens & Chocolate, where healthy cooking meets sinful indulgence.
Great Recipe!!! The Kids aren’t really big meat eaters, but they reall devoured these. Thanks!
Great!! I’m glad to hear they are kid friendly too :)
This marinade was AMAZING! Definitely doing it again! I think it would be great in a stir-fry, too!