Happy St. Patty’s Day! Nope, nothing green here. Only some creamy liqueur goodness to share. Drop a shot of this into a Guinness and you’ve got, yes, an Irish car bomb. Just a suggestion.
I’m itching for spring – probably because it’s still below freezing outside. But that doesn’t mean that I’m not getting in the St. Patty’s Day mood around here. I love celebrating the Luck of the Irish with food & drinks & fun. I decided that after years of putting it off – I would make my own homemade Irish Cream liqueur. I have been on a homemade liquor kick this year – so this was the perfect time – only I gave it one tiny twist.
I decided to use Bushmills Irish Honey Whiskey in this recipe instead of regular whiskey.
It changes the flavor from your traditional Irish Cream – but still great.
Oh my – I’m really looking forward to using this in some upcoming recipes. Stay tuned for those.
- 1 cup Bushmills Irish Honey Whiskey
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 3 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Place all ingredients in blender & pulse to combine.
- Pour over rocks for immediate serving or store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.