Grilled cheese is always delightful. Try the recipe below for an Italian-inspired version.
By Jerri Green
It may sound cheesy (pun intended), but this sandwich was incredible. Salty tomatoes, tangy cheese, buttery bread – just amazing. I promise to find more inspirational ideas and share them with you soon. If you have any ideas, feel free to leave them in a comment below. I’d love to hear them!
- unsalted organic butter
- oat nut bread or other sliced bread for toasting
- sun dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- organic baby spinach
- crumbled feta
- shredded mozzeralla
- Melt a pad of butter in the skillet.
- Toast both sides of one slice of bread, and set aside. Repeat process with second slice.
- Add more butter to pan.
- Place bread back in skillet.
- Top with remaining ingredients and other slice of bread. Warm till cheese melts and bread is golden.
Jerri Green is a vegetarian that lives with and loves a self-proclaimed carnivore. She makes meals work for everyone while juggling the mounting demands of motherhood. Nothing fancy but always fresh, she draws on her southern heritage to bring satisfying food to the table each and everyday.