Much thinner than the usual pizza, this Greek Lamb Flatbread is topped with a little feta, a garlic-mint sauce and a fresh vegetables for great crunch. A perfect meal or appetizer.
They are what I call ‘Spring on my Plate’, literally every ounce of this pizza screams spring-summer and Greek Flavors.
Now, who doesn’t like fresh pizza (tell me you love them….please) and there is nothing more relaxing than making one at the comfort of your home, adding the toppings you like and yet you can eat just that extra one as these are the skinny/extra thin types!
I would not call this a pizza from scratch but more of a semi-homemade, as I’m using a readymade pizza base called –Lavash (which is a thin Mediterranean Bread used as crackers).
The flavors of this Greek Pizza is really refreshing, light and it gives you that extra crunch in every bite. There are days when we eat those extra thick pizza but most of the time thin-crust is what we like best and maybe with a glass of wine for me and beer for him.
The picture above is how the Greek Lamb Flatbread Pizza looks straight from the oven. You can even serve it like this or just top with some fresh garlic-mint sauce, cucumber mix and seasoning for some Bold Greek Flavors.
- ½ lb Lamb Mince
- 4 Thin Crust Flatbread or you Lavash Bread if you have any
- 1 Large Red Onion - diced
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 Garlic Clove - you may add more if you like the taste
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil or any light oil you have
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 Tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tsp Dry Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dry Parsley - optional
- ⅛ Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Pinch Clove Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Flakes or Aleppo Peppers if you have some on hand
- 1 Cup Diced Cucumber
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes - sliced
- ½ Cup Diced Red Onions
- ¼ Cup Mozerella
- 1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Tsp Dry Oregano
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan,.
- Add onion, garlic and saute cook until the onions are soft.?
- Add the lamb mince and break it up using a wooden spoon (you can use potato masher to separate it quickly).
- Saute everything and let the lamb cook over low heat till lightly browned.
- Now add all the powdered spices, yogurt, saute and cover.
- Let this cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes (till the lamb is evenly cooked).
- Once the lamb is cooked, turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Make the Garlic Mint Sauce:
- In a blender add all the mint sauce ingredients and pulse till you form a smooth mix.
- Keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Take 1 flatbread and spread 2 Tbsp of mint sauce all around the pizza.
- Spread the cooked lamb mix over the flatbread all the way to the edges.
- Add toppings, olive oil and mozzarella.?
- Repeat with process till all 4 flatbread pizza are ready.
- Now place all of them within the two racks of oven and Bake until the dough is browned and crispy – 6-8minutes.
- Once the Pizza is done, add some cucumber, red onions, fresh cilantro, oregano and mint sauce.
- Finally sprinkle some red chili flakes and serve immediately.