These Greek hummus bites are a fun, flavorful appetizer that’ll really impress your guests. They take only 15 minutes to make and have a crazy array of flavors and textures, sure to please any palate.
I haven’t been feeling too hot lately after obviously catching whatever crud is making its way through Denver right now. Apparently it’s more than content to just linger in me for an excruciatingly long time.
This is when
good great food really comes in handy. These Greek hummus mini tostada stacks came from a random craving for, you guessed it, tostadas. However I’ve been inhaling Mexican food all week long because it’s my go-to comfort food (until I switch to sesame chicken, which I’ve done for the past four nights in a row – don’t judge), and I was craving something fun, poppable and different. Given my recent (slow) acceptance of olives and marinated artichokes, I decided I’d pile them on with some hummus and feta and call it a day. What began as a simple snack craving became these adorable mini tostada stacks you see in front of you now.
Stop whatever you are doing and make these. Like, now.
Seriously, why aren’t you stopping?
The combination of Greek flavors with creamy hummus and crispy stacked tostadas make this bite-sized appetizer a chorus of textures and flavors (yes, I said chorus damnit). Trust me, whoever you serve these too will be gobbling them up in between groans of foodie pleasure.
In other news, I really never realized how much I talk to my dog, Kya (and myself….) throughout the day until now… Yikes.
- 8 small corn tortillas cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch rounds
- Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichokes
- 1 tsp chopped black olive
- 1 tsp minced fresh dill
- 1/4 cup feta
- Pour enough oil in a skillet to reach approximately 1/2-inch to 1-inch deep. Heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, fry the tortilla rounds in batches of 5 or so, depending on the size of your pan. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan. Fry the rounds for approximately 10 to 15 seconds per side, until golden. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped red pepper, chopped artichokes, chopped black olives, and dill. Set aside.
- To create the tostada stacks, spread a thin layer of hummus on half of the tostada rounds. Top each of the hummus spread tostadas with the remaining tostadas rounds. Gently spread another thin layer of hummus on top of the stacks.
- Top each stack with a spoonful of the red pepper and artichoke mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
Food addict turned food blogger with a love for cooking uncomplicated, gourmet recipes. I love creating food that is straightforward, relatable and will blow your friends and family away. I am the author of the food blog Cake 'n Knife, where you’ll find that fresh ingredients + unique flavors + love = gourmet food, every single time. For more, please visit: