Tired of trying to find a gluten-free bread that’s crispy on the outside, fluffy on the insides and easy to love? Look no further!
By Carolyng Gomes
- 1¼ cups full fat coconut milk
- ¾ cups water, warm
- 3½ tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 cups of Namaste’s Perfect Flour
- 2½ tsp guar gum
- 1 tbsp raw coconut sugar
- 1 packet instant dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil a 9 X 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add coconut milk, water, chia seeds, coconut oil, lime zest and lime juice. Mix on speed 2 until thoroughly combined.
- Sift flour, guar gum, sugar and dry yeast into a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the flour mixture, a little bit at a time, while continuing to mix on speed 2. Increase to speed 4 for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and mix at speed 2 for an additional 2 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 40 minutes. The dough will grow to almost double.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake bread for 1 hour and 45 – 55 minutes. Once cooked remove from oven and let rest in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and transfer to wire rack until cooled completely.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.