Loaded with three doses of chocolate, these soft bars are rich, gooey, and your new favorite brownie recipe.
By Sharon Lachendro
These are the brownies to end all brownies. They’re super fudgy, exactly the way a brownie should be. Fudge brownies are the only way to go. Actually, make that fudge brownies made with chocolate hazelnut spread. The texture of these brownies is just plain amazing. They’re so fudgy they’re almost truffle like. I’m telling you, they’re not like any other brownie you’ve ever had before.
These chocolate hazelnut brownies have a triple dose of chocolate. Not only do these brownies have the chocolate hazelnut spread as a base but they also have cocoa powder and melted chocolate chips. What whaaat. Triple chocolate. Triple threat. Awesome brownies.
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ C chocolate hazelnut spread*
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 1 tbsp pieces
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease/spray an 8x8in pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and butter to a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20 seconds and then stir. Continue to heat in 10 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the chocolate hazelnut spread and add vanilla extract and sugar; stir to combine. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixing well. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35 min. (or longer). Cool completely before cutting.
Try adding ¾ cup of chopped hazelnuts for added texture!
*I used organic Nocciolata chocolate hazelnut spread.