Bulk up your veggie intake with this fried vegetable noodle bowl that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
One of the better decisions I have made recently was to eat less meat, and more veg. Boom. That’s it. Nothing major, right? I AM NOT A VEGAN. I still cook meaty things for the caveman (who has also now gone to one animal based meal a day!) and I still make sure my little man gets good eggs, chicken and meat into his daily diet. And of course, I will still share some of my favourite meaty recipes for a quick, wholesome dinner. Choosing higher welfare, pasture raised and humanely treated meat is key.
The one thing I have learned on this plant based journey so far, is definitely to plan and prep. Like a boss. I am sure I didn’t realize then how hard it would be to keep to a plant based diet when you haven’t planned your meals or at least cooked some quinoa, or roasted some sweet potatoes. Now I know. I am also happy to see my man getting on the “power of plants” trend. He has pretty high cholesterol and the doc told him to get control of his diet, before they start medicating.
Bowls of veggies are my absolute favourite thing in the world to eat. The trend that has hit our screens hard. I love that you can just throw in a whole bunch of different ingredients to make something so healthy and delicious. I made this one the other day and I have fallen in love. I always have some sort of grain cooked, in a bowl, ready to be spruced up with veggies…
I’m loving this easy lunch recipe, and could eat it every day. I use the SuperLite, low cal glass noodles all the time – they are just so easy to prep and fills you up perfectly. This Vegetable and Fried Noodle Bowl was sort of a “cleaning out the fridge” attempt, but I found I have all these ingredients in my fridge, all the time, anyway.
Bulk up and make extra for the lunch boxes or fill a glass jar if you are feeling fancy – to take to work. It’s great to have hot and even better when you have it the next day as a cold salad.
Fried Vegetable Noodle BowlAnina Meyer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 birds eye chilli optional - finely chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into strips
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peas can be frozen
- 1/2 cup corn can be frozen
- handful red cabbage
- handful chopped spinach
- 1 packet superlite noodles low cal noodles/ or any other noodles of your choice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion to serve
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds to serve
- In a large wok, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic, ginger and chili for a minute on high heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, peas and corn and allow to fry for a few minutes. I like the carrots still crunchy, but you can lower the heat and allow more cooking time.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add the cabbage and spinach. Fry for 1 minute.
- Next, drain the noodles, pat it dry with paper towel and add little by little to the hot wok. You can add a bit more olive oil if you need to.
- Lastly, add the sauces to the hot pan, remove from heat and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Having a dynamic, free and crazy personality, this shows in my cooking. I love sharing whole food recipes, honest food with easy accessible ingredients and mouthwatering photos. I am a recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer and owner of Aninas-recipes.com, my personal food and recipe portal.