This isn’t a true “crumble”, but in a pinch, it is a comforting, savory – and healthy – dessert.
By Carly DeFilippo
- 1 juicy pear
- 2-3 figs
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (or ½ tsp dried rosemary)
- a pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp of your favorite granola
- 1 tbsp pumpkin or flax seeds (optional)
- greek yogurt (optional)
- Just cover the bottom of a small pot with water; bring to a simmer.
- While water is heating, wash and chop pear into small chunks.
- Add pear to simmering water.
- Chop figs and add to pears.
- Add curry, rosemary and salt.
- Stir occasionally until fruit is warm and softened (but not mushy).
- Remove from heat and scoop fruit into a bowl.
- Top with granola, seeds and a dollop of greek yogurt.
Carly is a Contributing Writer at Honest Cooking. Though the first line of her college application essay was "I love tunafish," it wasn't until she pursued graduate studies in Paris that she ever considered a future in food. Based in Manhattan, Carly is a freelance writer and the co-founder of Cognoscenti Creative, a boutique branding agency dedicated to establishing artisans as influencers.