Fresh fennel and white wine brighten this simple pasta dish with hearty Italian sausage and robust sun-dried tomatoes.
This dish is my own take on one of the dishes at Chianti Il Ristorante, one of my favorite restaurants in Downtown Saratoga Springs.
It is easy and just as delicious to recreate in your own kitchen.
- ½ lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 small fennel bulb chopped
- 1/3 cup diced oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 ½ cups cooked pasta al dente
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large skillet cook the sausage until browned. Drain well and add fennel. You may need to add a touch of oil to stop the fennel from sticking.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the fennel begins to brown, stirring and breaking up the sausage. Add the sun dried tomatoes, rosemary, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the wine and cook for another 2-3 minutes until it has reduced to half.
- Adjust seasoning and add pasta to the pan. Cooking for just a few seconds, while tossing all the ingredients together.
- Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese.
I am a blogger from upstate NY who believes in celebrating a healthy lifestyle. I enjoy spending time outdoors, crafting, cooking, gardening, and entertaining.