Muffins are a breakfast food, even if they are double chunky chocolate chip muffins, right?
Guys, let’s be real for a minute. Muffins should not be legitimate breakfast food. Even I, a card-carrying, excuse making, cake eater like myself knows that muffins are just an excuse to eat cake for breakfast. But sometimes, like birthdays or Wednesdays, you just gotta. Because of this fact (says me), I bring you the BEST double chocolate muffins.
Me, I’m a breakfast skipper. Since I stopped eating gluten, and I can’t have muffins or poptarts, I’m over it until lunch time. But for all you breakfast lovers out there – Get. You. Some.
Make these. Eat them. Don’t be ashamed. Your breakfast choices are approved.Print
- Author: Lizzy Wolff
- Yield: 12 -26 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup roughly cut chocolate chunks (high quality (I used both chips and chunks for texture))
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa (sifted if lumpy)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all-purpose flour, roughly cut chocolate chunks, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Create a well in the center.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Add milk, cooking oil, and vanilla. Stir and pour into well. Stir until just moistened.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Fill cups ¾ full. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean!
Lizzy Wolff, creator of Sugar + Butter, loves to make you drool on your keyboard. It's a real thrill for her. For more recipes, click 'website' below.
How much cocoa and cooking oil
Thanks for letting us know about the glitch in our recipe widget! It has been updated. Happy baking!
Thanks Annelise! Saaad I hope you love these muffins!