Perfect for holiday sweet tooth’s that aren’t into pie, this no-bake dessert is super rich and can be topped off with pomegranate seeds.
By Heather Kinnaird
Pie, for me that is a tradition that I would LOVE to break. NO matter how hard I try, I cannot get a pie to turn out. My beautiful crust, forget about it, Fluted edge, NO way. Sure, they may taste great, but they look horrid.
This year on my holiday table you will find this quick and easy no-bake chocolate cheesecake mousse with pomegranates; they definitely say holiday.
- ⅔ heavy cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 - 8oz. block of cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- pomegranate arils for topping
- beat the cream until ti begins to thicken, add ¼ cup powdered sugar, and whip until stiff peaks form, cover and chill
- beat the cream cheese until smooth, add the remaining powdered sugar, vanilla, and the melted chocolate and beat until well mixed
- gently fold in the whipped cream - stopping when everything is combined
- store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use, top with pomegranate arils
- ** I find that piping into dessert dishes makes for a nicer presentaion
Heather Kinnaird is the blogger behind French Press, a blog dedicated to family friendly meals, sweet treats, and homemade versions of store bought classics. When she's not in the kitchen you 'll probably find Heather chasing after her kids, three dogs, 6 chickens, and sometimes all of the above.