PARTNER POST – Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.
Tender pork meatballs are cooked in a tangy tomato sauce and covered with a spiced havarti cheese for a delicious new twist. This dish is ideal for a winter meal or a satisfying appetizer bite.
By Annie Holmes
The flavor combination of the ground pork, fennel, and Havarti with Caraway seeds paired with tangy marinara is delightful. It is the type of dish you would normally pair with mozzarella but using this spiced havarti cheese instead takes the dish up a notch. I served the warm meatballs on grilled gluten free bread and topped with fresh basil. It was the perfect traditional comfort food dish with a new and unexpected twist!
- 1 pound ground pork
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Castello Havarti Cheese with Caraway Seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon salt or garlic salt
- 1 cup marinara
- 1 cup shredded Castello Havarti Cheese with Caraway Seeds
- ¼ cup sliced basil
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs and roll into small balls. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium low heat, add a teaspoon of olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Place the meatballs in the skillet (this may take 2 batches) and cook until browned on all sides, turning occasionally. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the skillet and place on paper towels to drain the grease.
- Add the marinara to the cast iron skillet, place the meatballs back in the skillet and top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with basil.
Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.