If you love peanut butter, you will adore this easy skillet granola made without being baked, coated in peanut butter and studded with chocolate chips.
I’ve made a few varieties of skillet granola now. First was the Honey Roasted Almond and then I shared the Coconut Chip version on my friend Katie’s blog, Mom to Mom Nutrition. I love that it’s ready in 5-minutes because I always burn it when I try to bake it in the oven. The girls like to pick their favorite mix-ins and switch up the flavor each time.
Since we’re such huge fans of peanut butter, this is our favorite flavor. You can easily substitute cashew or almond butter too! We actually use a powdered version of peanut butter that we find at Costco for this. It’s also great to have on hand for smoothies. If you price it out, it’s actually cheaper to use for recipes like that–of course we stick to the jarred PB for sandwiches and other treats.
If there are any ingredients you don’t like, just swap them out! Coconut can easily be left out or you could sub craisins or dried apples for the raisins. Banana chips would be fab too! You always want to stick to the rolled oats, though. Quick oats give it a different texture…I’ve made that mistake before!
Easy Skillet GranolaAshleigh Evans
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tea cinnamon
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oatmeal
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 tea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil and honey. Allow to melt and mix together. Add peanut butter powder and cinnamon. Stir.
- Add peanuts, raisins and sunflower seeds one at a time, stirring well to coat in coconut oil mixture.
- Slowly pour in oatmeal and toasted coconut. Stirring to mix.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Remove from heat. Pour onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze in baggies for up to 6 months!
Ashleigh creates recipes with bold flavors the whole family can enjoy. She is a mom of 3 girls: 7 year old twins and a 4 year old. Whenever she can, she adds veggies and other ingredients help healthify her recipes. On weeknights, Ashleigh shares her quick #WhatsForDinner recipes and tips on SnapChat which followers love.