PARTNER POST: Reinvent potato recipes to be fresher and lighter in the new year. Make it your resolution to try these dishes as nutritious packed lunch ideas.
As a perfect packed snack or to use up potatoes in your pantry, make your own potato chips without oil or a messy fryer.
By Gina Kleinworth
Homemade potato chips are so easy to make. All you need are potatoes, salt and your microwave. Without oil, these chips are better for you, simple and so delicious too.
It’s time to get back to the grind. I’m sure many people have resolved to eat out less and brown bag it to work. That’s a great resolution! I know I feel so much better when I eat less food “to-go” but it’s hard to make those changes. I think the easiest part about sticking to something is to make yourself think you aren’t missing anything by making the change.
Just take a few minutes on the weekend and make your own homemade potato chips. They are so simple and you can have them as a snack all week long. Plus it’s a great way to use up any remaining potatoes you may have in the pantry. Just a couple goes a long way. Potatoes are a nutritious way to add vital nutrients to your day.
For another packable potato dish, try making this frittata.
Easy Homemade Potato ChipsGina Kleinworth
- 1 large russet potato
- salt I prefer popcorn salt for these as it's ultra fine grain
- Peel potato & then use a mandolin or food processor to cut into thin slices
- Place slices in a bowl of water to keep from browning while you work
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a glass plate
- Spread out potato slices on parchment in a single layer
- Sprinkle with salt if desired & microwave on high 3-7 minutes (this depends on your microwave & thickness of your slices)
- They are done when crisp & slightly golden
Gina is the author & photographer behind Kleinworth & Co. She is a homeschooling mom to 3 and devoted wife with a passion for all things creative. Gina lives in Northern Idaho but is a So Cal native & spent 12 years living in various parts of the Nevada desert. Kleinworth & Co is a creative blog where Gina shares recipes, gift ideas, crafts, simple & cost effective ways to decorate your home, creative & fun projects for the kids & photography tips. Come visit to learn, share & get inspired on a budget.