Easy to make, very chocolaty flavor and may even present a great alternative to cake on birthdays and events.
By Maya Moscovich
I love muffins of all kinds, but hook me up with a chocolate muffin that’s good and has a strong chocolaty flavor and some white chocolate chips in it and I’m one happy camper. I made these with the kids and of course they were consumed before the next morning.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Grease muffin cups or line a muffin baking pan with muffin liners.
- In medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Add the wet ingredients and mix well together until fully combined into a smooth batter.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir well until they are coated with the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ full
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Being born and raised in Israel, Mayas nutrition always consisted of food that’s spiced well, light on the stomach and includes a lot of vegetables, fruits and olive oil. Now residing in Halifax, Nova Scotia, she is on a quest to reconnect with the food traditions of her home country.