Unless you insist on picking the berries yourself, this dessert is so simple we’re not even sure it’s a recipe. But we don’t care – because it is delicious.
By Kalle Bergman – Photo By Mads Damgaard
Here at Honest Cooking we love recipes that are so simple they almost don’t even qualify as recipes. Just a few good ingredients that complement eachother perfectly without the need for more than just a few minutes of work. This one certainly qualifies.
In fact, it’s of the simplest and most delicious desserts I know. A fresh berry salad served with beautiful honey, a refreshing vanilla yoghurt and some chopped almonds. Unless you insist on picking the berries yourself somewhere in a dark forest, this dessert will be done in under 5 minutes from scratch.
And that, friends, is Honest Cooking!
- 2 Packs of seasonal berries, like blueberries or raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons of good honey
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped almonds
- 1 Cup (2,5dl) of double cream
- 2 Cups (5dl) of natural yoghurt
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- ¼ Lemon
- Fresh mint leaves
- Rinse the berries thoroughly. Mix, and place on plate. Pour honey over berries, and sprinkle a little chopped almond on top.
- Whip the cream and then fold in the yoghurt slowly until completely mixed.
- Add vanilla sugar and squeeze in some lemon juice.
- Finely chop some mint leaves and add to mix. Serve together with the berries.