Gummies made simply with three ingredients- fruit juice, gelatin, and honey, easily satisfy a sweet tooth. Try them with your favorite juice flavor.
By Christina Main
I received Danielle Walker’s Against all Grain cookbook for Christmas from Bill and WAS SO EXCITED! I’m always looking for new kitchen challenges and ways to eat healthy; and have literally tabbed 75% of her book! The desserts of course really grabbed my eye and I can’t wait to make them all for our new little family.
I’ve noticed a lot of homemade jello jigglers and gummies on the internet lately and have really wanted to try my hand at them. With natural, no sugar added, good for you juices and gelatin (which we know is super beneficial for our bodies) those little sweet snacks were right up my alley and satisfied my sweet tooth.
- 4 cups 100% fruit juice, no sugar added, concord grape juice (I got mine from Trader Joe's)
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Pour 1 cup of your juice into a bowl. Add the gelatin to it and whisk quickly until just combined. Set aside.
- Place the remaining juice and honey into a small saucepot and heat until JUST about to simmer. Turn heat down and allow to simmer 1-2 minutes, stirring until the honey has dissolved into juice.
- Whisk hot juice mix into the gelatin juice mix until completely combined and gelatin is totally dissolved.
- Pour into a shallow 10"x10" baking dish (or any shallow baking dish you have, really) and allow to cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap or the dish's lid and allow to cool COMPLETELY in the fridge. For us, this took about 3 hours. Or allow to chill overnight.
- Once the gummies have set up and are completely chilled, remove from fridge and slice into 1" squares using a sharp knife. Then just remove with fingers or an offset spatula and enjoy!
- Keep gummies refrigerated until ready to serve!