Indulge in this cheesy comfort food. With rich emmental cheese and white wine, you will feel like a sophisticated adult as you eat this baked pasta that has strayed from the traditional childhood dish.
By Jules Clancy
Comforting Mac and Cheese
Indulge in this cheesy comfort food. With rich emmental cheese and white wine, you will feel like a sophisticated adult as you eat this baked pasta.
Author: Jules Clancy
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 onion
- ½ cup white wine
- 200g (7oz) cheese, grated (my favourite is a combo of emmental, gruyere and raclette).
- 200g (7oz) short pasta
- 2 tablespoon double cream
- Preheat oven to 180C and get a pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Meanwhile cook onion in a little oil over a medium low heat until soft but not browned. Add the wine and allow to simmer and reduce for a few minutes.
- Cook pasta until almost tender (al dente). Drain well and return to the pot.
- Quickly stir in onion mixture, ⅔s of the cheese and the cream. Divide between two oven proof dishes. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.