The chorizo, Lettuce and Tomato, also known as the CLT, is a delicious sandwich including a spicy avocado spread made with jalapeño for a perfect picnic treat.
By Carolyng Gomes
Take this CLT with Spicy Avocado Spread where C stands for delectable and fresh smoked chorizo.
This recipe is perfect for a picnic or enjoying on the go. It is a special treat, because anytime you are enjoying some fresh baguette with delicious fixing inside deserves a bit of a celebration.
This sandwich is simplicity at its finest, because when my day to day consists of quick eats like overnight oats for breakfast, a quick rice bowl mash for lunch and a veggie burger for dinner I can’t be spending time making something no matter how nice it is.
- 1 baguette
- ¼ pound smoked chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Slice ends off of baguette, then cut in half. Proceed to slice each piece lengthwise and open.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 5 minutes, until warm.
- Remove from oven, top each with half of the chorizo, and return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Top chorizo with half of the tomato slices and 2 leaves of lettuce.
- In a food processor or blender combine all ingredients for spread. Process until smooth. Divide spread among sandwiches.
- Enjoy warm or close with bakers twine or wrap for a delicious sandwich later.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.