A classic dish made in the Mediterranean style with local extra virgin olive oil.
This is a very simple basic recipe, reminiscent of classic Italian cuisine. My saffron risotto, compared to the traditional recipe, is prepared without butter, but in the Mediterranean version with the precious extra virgin olive oil DOP Mount Etna.
Classic Saffron RisottoVeronica Lavenia
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 leeks
- 4 carrots
- 300 g 11 oz vialone nano rice variety
- 1 tbsp saffron
- high quality extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano to taste
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut the vegetables and prepare 2 liters of vegetable broth, boiling celery, leek and carrots for an hour.
- In a pan, brown the other leek, cut into slices, with extra virgin olive oil to taste. Add the rice and toast, stirring constantly.
- Gradually, add the broth, saffron, and let cook until cooked reached.?Once cooked, seasoned risotto with Parmigiano, salt, pepper and extra virgin raw.
Veronica is a born and raised Italian. She inherited her love for travel, passion for cooking and natural, sustainable, healthy slow food from her parents. Her works have appeared in 'Vegetarian Living', 'Veggie Magazine', 'Lifestyle food', 'Australian Good Food & Travel Guide', 'Chickpea' and 'Free from Heaven', among others. She is the author of "Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread"; 'The Rustic Italian bakery", "The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen" and "A Modern Italian table", published by New Holland Publishers Australia.