Feel free to top the cookies with honeyed nuts and drizzle with some melted dark chocolate. Otherwise, enjoy them like this as they are amazingly good.
By Martyna Candrick
Now, if you are not as strict on the sugar intake as I am, feel free to top the cookies with honeyed nuts and drizzle with some melted dark chocolate. Otherwise, enjoy them like this as they are amazingly good.
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx 1 large banana)
- ? cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup xylitol
- ¼ cup [non-dairy] milk
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup plain gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp potato starch
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced, 350F, gas mark 4)
- In a large bowl mix together all wet ingredients and sweeteners until smooth.
- Sift all dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and using a wooden spoon, mix until the mixture forms a cookie dough ball and all dry ingredients are incorporated into the dough.
- Using a ?-cup capacity scoop, divide dough into 14 even balls. Roll each ball between your hands and flatten gently.
- If using, press a pinch of chopped nuts into each, or alternating biscuit.
- Bake in for 15 minutes, or until the cookies begin to brown around the edges.