SPONSORED POST: We’re celebrating the season with delicious recipes using Hills Bros. Cappuccino. Spike your dessert with a delicious dose of cappuccino.
With many stunning layers of chocolate crepes sandwiched around soft, cappuccino and hazelnut mousse, this is a dessert that will knock your socks off.
Are you gearing up for all the glam of the Golden Globes this Sunday?!
I am, and I’m so excited! So when Hills Bros. Cappuccino asked me to create a dessert worthy of all the glitz and glam of the show, I needed to up my dessert game! I have no doubt, this Double Chocolate Hazelnut Crepe Cake will WOW your guests and be the STAR of your dessert table!
Do y’all love cappuccino? I’m addicted! And Hills Bros. Hazelnut Cappuccino has always been one of my favorites. But did you know that cappuccino is more than just a delicious beverage? Hills Bros. cappuccino flavors can be the secret ingredient in your next recipe to take it up a notch! It totally elevates the taste of this crepe cake! I know you’ll just love how delish it is, AND how easy it to put together!
The crepes are dark and chocolatey and they’re layered with an amazing rich chocolate hazelnut mousse in between. Sounds incredible, am I right?! And then the cake is topped with a layer of fresh whipped cream, chopped hazelnuts for crunch, and sprinkled with a mixture of confectioner’s sugar and Hills Bros. Hazelnut Cappuccino powder. Oh, this one’s dreamy folks! It’s a clear winner!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse:
- 2 Tbsp. Hills Bros. Hazelnut Cappuccino powder
- ¾ cup semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. Hills Bros. Hazelnut Cappuccino powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup shelled hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Crepes: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar and salt. Add the eggs, egg yolks, butter. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly until the batter is smooth. Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to rest.
- Remove batter from refrigerator and stir. Heat an 8-inch crepe pan or small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about ¼-1/3 cup batter into the center of crepe pan. Tilt and turn pan so the batter spreads evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 1-1½ minutes until edges and bottom begin to brown. Flip carefully with spatula. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan to a large plate. Repeat with remaining batter spraying the pan with non-stick cooking spray in between each crepe and stacking finished crepes on plate. You will get about 20 crepes. You'll need 16 for the cake, so don't worry if you make a mistake or two. Cool the crepes completely before assembling the cake. You can make the crepes the day before assembling the cake. Cover them with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Filling: Dissolve the Hills Bros. Cappuccino powder in ¼ cup hot water. Set aside. Melt chopped semi-sweet chocolate in microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals until smooth. Stir in the cappuccino mixture.
- Whip the heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped topping into the chocolate hazelnut mixture until no white streaks remain.
- Lay one cooled crepe on cake platter. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mousse on top and then top with another crepe. To keep cake level, spread the mousse a bit thicker around the edges. Repeat until you've stacked 15 crepes with mousse. Top with one last crepe with no filling on top. Cover lightly with plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Topping: In a small, mix the confectioner's sugar and Hills Bros. Cappuccino powder. Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl, slowly adding the granulated sugar until stiff peaks form.
- To serve: Top the cake with the whipped cream. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and dust with confectioner's sugar mixture. Cut into slices.