To create a delicious dessert for a gathering you don’t need much. In this case, all you need is a couple of ripe avocados, smooth coconut milk, and really great chocolate.
By Kathy Gory
Chocolate Avocado Mousse is nothing new, in fact it’s been sweeping across the food world for quite a while now. It was new to me however. I was looking for something special, easy and quick to make for a gathering. I’m still in renovation world and haven’t a clue as to where half my kitchen stuff is. I do however have a food processor, a pot, a couple of avocados and some really great chocolate, which is just about all that’s needed for this recipe.
- ¾ cup of full fat coconut milk
- 2 ripe avocados
- 7 oz of high quality chocolate ( I used 7 discs of CocoaPlanet Deep Dark Truffle Chocolate)
- 1 capfull of vanilla
- Peel the two avocados and place them in a food processor. Puree them.
- Add in ¾ cup of full fat coconut milk.
- When you have a smooth creamy puree, pour it all into a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a bowl set on top of a pot of boiling water.
- When the chocolate has melted, add it to the avocado coconut puree.
- Mix everything together well. Make sure it's blended thoroughly.
- Add in a capful of vanilla and stir it in well.
- Taste test. If you need to add a bit more sugar to get the flavor you want, do so.
- When you're happy with the taste, pour the mousse into individual serving dishes and put them into the fridge to chill.
- After its chilled for a couple of hours, and is firm. Serve it up.
- I topped mine with some raspberries.
Kathy Gori has a passion for Indian cooking. She brings 20 years of cooking experience and a natural flair for communicating her culinary adventures to her blog The Colors of Indian Cooking "A Hollywood Screenwriter, A Bollywood Kitchen". Food writer, commercial and cartoon voice actor (Rosemary the telephone Operator in Hong Kong Phooey among others) and screenwriter (Chaos Theory starring Ryan Reynolds) Kathy is also a Clio award-winner. She and her screenwriting-partner husband Alan live with their Siberian Husky Patsy in Sonoma, California.