SPONSORED STORY – BROUGHT TO YOU BY CASTELLO ALPS SELECTION
This stunning soufflé makes a perfect light Summer dinner.
By Camille Becerra
- 1½ T butter
- 2 T flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup grated Castello Hirten cheese
- 1 chili, sliced fine
- ½ bunch chopped chives
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- pinch tartar
- pinch sea salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the souffle molds by buttering them and dusting ever so slightly with flour or grated cheese. Tie a collar that extends 3 inches past the mold, butter inside of collar.
- Melt butter, add flour, stir cooking a bit, whisk in milk slowly, allow to come to a gentle boil.
- Lower heat add the cheese, chili and chives.
- Turn off heat and add yolks, incorporate well, cool.
- Whisk the yolks with cream of tartar till stiff peaks. Add half of the whites to the custard, fold and incorporate well. Carefully fold in the remaining whites.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Camille Becerra is a chef with over 15 years of NYC restaurant experience. She appeared on Top Chef as a contestant in Season 3, was the owner of the beloved Brooklyn restaurant, Paloma and founded various pop-ups throughout the city including The Hunger and The Cookery. Camille is currently hosting dinners Friday nights from her Tribeca loft and developing various food related projects for media and publishing.