Peanut butter, bananas and chickpea flour make up these vegan, gluten free, delicious pancakes. Plus, they’re topped off with a gooey date caramel sauce.
Breakfast alert!! I’ve been wanting to create a gluten free pancake (we in South Africa just refer to it as flapjacks) recipe for ages now! I am so happy with the way these have turned out. Feast your eyes on the most delicious peanut butter AND banana, Vegan Chickpea Pancakes. Served with a mouthwatering vegan date caramel…
Shooting a whole lot of pantry products for a client recently and was lucky enough to keep some for myself. One item was the Chickpea Flour from Health Connection. Very skeptical I was, but this amazing gluten free and protein rich flour (made from chickpeas) worked its charm in this recipe. I will definitely be utilizing more chickpea flour in my baking, because let’s face it – VEGAN, PROTEIN RICH, GLUTEN FREE!
I served my vegan pancakes with a quick date and maple syrup caramel, that can literally be whipped up in no time! I didn’t even have fresh berries on hand the day of the shoot, so frozen berries had to do. I actually love the tartness and moisture it gave to the final dish.
Be sure to add your own variety of toppings like melted chocolate (yes please) toasted coconut flakes, nuts, chia seeds or fresh fruit. I haven’t tried to freeze these pancakes yet, so I’m very intrigued to give it another go and try it out.
Chickpea Flour Pancakes and Date CaramelAninas Recipes
Date and Maple Syrup Caramel
- Click the link above.
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- pinch salt
- pinch ground cinnamon
- fresh berries to serve
- Click the link above.
- In a mixing bowl combine the chickpea flour and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the almond milk, mashed banana, maple syrup, peanut butter, salt and cinnamon. Whisk together until incorporated.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until the batter comes together. Set aside.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat and add a little olive oil to the pan to heat up.
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop the batter into the hot pan and allow to cook until the top of the pancakes becomes bubbly.
- Carefully turn over, and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Serve the flapjacks with date caramel and fresh (or frozen) berries.
Having a dynamic, free and crazy personality, this shows in my cooking. I love sharing whole food recipes, honest food with easy accessible ingredients and mouthwatering photos. I am a recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer and owner of Aninas-recipes.com, my personal food and recipe portal.