These White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies look and taste just like Christmas wrapped in a soft, delicious cookie.
By Giustina Blissful
- 1 ½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Bread Flour
- 3 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Room Temperature Salted Butter
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed Fresh Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs and 1 Egg Yolk at Room Temperature
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- First, sift 1 ½ cups all purpose flour, 1 cup bread flour, 3 teaspoons cornstarch, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt into a bowl medium sized bowl.
- In a separate, large bowl use a hand mixer to blend the 1 cup of butter, slowly adding in the ½ cup of white sugar and then the 1 cup brown sugar to make a nice thick cream.
- Next, add one egg at a time, including the yoke – blending until combined between each addition – then blend in the 1 & ½ teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Stir in – by hand with a spoon – the dry ingredients just until combined, but don’t over mix. Then blend in the white chocolate chips & dried cranberries until they are evenly dispersed.
- Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for 2+ hours. I have seen recipes where they call for 24, 36, 48, or even up to 72 hours of refrigeration. I usually try to wait at least 24 hours before shaping & baking my cookies, although I have noticed they hold spread less & hold a better shape when I wait at least 48 hours.
- Use a large cookie/ice cream scoop to measure the cookie dough for uniform cookies and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. If your White Chocolate Cranberry Cookie dough isn’t completely chilled the cookies will bake faster and spread more . I also added a few white chocolate chips & cranberries to give it a pretty look.
- Your White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are done when they begin to turn golden brown – they will still be hot when you pull them out of the oven and will continue to cook even out of the oven so make sure not to over bake them!
Hello! My name is Giustina and I'm a 20 something who is married to my best friend and love of my life. I think everything tastes better when made with love and a splash of lemon. Although love, life, and marriage is never easy I believe that it is always an adventure worth traveling!