Simple, spicy, delicious “pupu” from Chef Wong of Amasia at Grand Wailea Maui.
By Michelle Winner
Wok Fried Soy Beans With Garlic And Chili
Simple, spicy, delicious "pupu" from Chef Wong of Amasia at Grand Wailea Maui.
Author: Chef Alan Wong
Recipe Type: Appetiser or Cocktail Snack
- 8 oz cooked soy beans with the shell on
- 1 Tbsp salad oil (canola oil)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 piece Hawaiian chili pepper, minced or dried chili ( may use a Thai pepper)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- In a hot wok, sauté garlic, ginger, and chili with salad oil until golden brown.
- Then add soybeans and continue to cook until hot.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil.
- Stir fry for an additional minute; season with salt to taste (optional) and serve immediately.