The best part of making popcorn from scratch: you can throw in any ingredients you have hanging around and make it your own.
By Brittany Everett
Cheesy Lemon Thyme Popcorn
- Author: Brittany Everett
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Snack
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- vegetable oil
- fine grain sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the cheese, thyme and lemon zest, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small microwavable dish, set aside.
- In a medium pot, pour in enough vegetable oil just to cover the bottom and set over medium heat.
- Throw in a couple of popcorn kernels; when they pop, you know the oil is ready. Pour in the rest of the kernels and place a lid on the pot, leaving it cracked so steam can escape.
- Shake the pan almost constantly to keep the kernels moving, cook until the popping slows to a few seconds between each pop.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and pour the butter over the popcorn, stirring to combine. Stir in the parmesan mixture, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
A graphic designer by day, Brittany enjoys cooking, eating, photographing and discussing food with every other waking moment. She created Kitchenette, a food blog dedicated to making delicious comfort foods from scratch and with love.