Sponsored Post: We’re celebrating Vinho Verde wines this season. These Portuguese bottles are young, fresh, vibrant, and affordable. It’s the perfect wine for all your favorite summer recipes, beach trips, and vacations. It truly is like no other wine in the world.
Cauliflower gnocchi with pesto and shrimp is a light and refreshing summer dinner idea ready in under 30 minutes! This gnocchi recipe pairs perfectly with your favorite summer wine, Vinho Verde.
Summer is officially here and I am so excited to kickoff this season with Vinho Verde Wines. These Portuguese wines are unique, fresh, and very food-friendly. It’s the perfect wine for all your favorite summer recipes, beach trips, and vacations!
Vinho Verde wines are seriously versatile and definitely not just for summer.
BUT i did happen to make a pretty incredible summer cauliflower gnocchi recipe that pairs perfectly with their light, refreshing (and most importantly) affordable wines!
I’m not a heavy drinker by any means, but I do enjoy a glass of wine here and there in the summertime. It’s so refreshing to just sip something crisp and light in the heat.
I’d been seeing this cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joes ALL over instagram.
Like, literally, ALL over instagram.
I naturally had to see what all the fuss was about and bought two bags… ASAP.
YALL. This stuff is incredible (!!!!) Like I want to hide the bag from Michael incredible.
CONFESSION: I’VE NEVER HAD REGULAR GNOCCHI
I always want to be 100% honest with y’all, and that’s just the truth! So, no, I don’t have anything to compare it too, but all I can say is it tastes like doughy goodness and i’m addicted.
Unless we’re whipping up something like honey garlic chicken in the crockpot that is.
ok back to the cauliflower gnocchi + wine
So it’s made with… cauliflower? YEP. Cauliflower, cassava flour, potato starch, extra virgin olive oil + sea salt.
The gnocchi can feel a little heavy which is why i chose to pair it with a fresh white wine from Vinho Verde. They’re young wines released 3-6 months after harvest with vibrant, citrus fruit notes. AKA perfect for pairing with a fresh, pea pesto.
I wanted to keep the green theme going so I tossed it with some sauteed spinach and peas. Not to mention spinach and peas are packed with vitamins and nutrients.
I opted for shrimp with this recipe because, as I mentioned before, gnocchi can feel pretty heavy in the stomach and shrimp is loaded with protein without leaving you STUFFED.
Cauliflower and Pesto Gnocchi with Vinho Verde WineElizabeth Yontz
- 1 Bag Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1/3 Cup 2 Minute Pea Pesto
- 30 Baby Shrimp
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- Fresh Grated Parmesan Optional for topping
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare pea pesto either fresh or ahead of time and keep in your refrigerator or freezer.
- Prepare cauliflower gnocchi as directed on the bag.
- In a separate pan, sauté 2 cups of spinach with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Once spinach is cooked down, add shrimp to your pan and cook until pink.
- Prepare peas in your microwave or on the stovetop. Add them to the spinach mixture once cooked.
- Add 1/3 cup pesto to your gnocchi once it is almost finished cooking. (about 2-3 minutes left)
- Stir in spinach, shrimp and peas with the gnocchi/pesto mixture. Serve and top with parmesan or cheese of choice!
I am a twenty-something food + healthy lifestyle blogger learning to navigate the real world. I recently graduated from Samford University and proudly call Birmingham, AL home. In my spare time, you’ll most likely find me daydreaming as I scroll through instagram + various blogs, creating something in the kitchen, or exploring the outdoors (camera in hand of course). Got questions? I'd love to chat! firstname.lastname@example.org