Hog Island Oysters that are delicious any way you make them, so try them both ways.
By Olivia Caminiti
- pinch lime zest
- slight squeeze/few drops lime juice
- 1 dash Tapatio hot sauce
- (!)Grilling Oysters
- Preheat grill over medium-low heat with the hood open
- Place oysters in shell on heated grill
- Look for a sudden opening of the shell, that is when they are done. Larger oysters will take longer to cook. A barbequed oyster will be more plump and a bit darker.
- Some will not open so remove and shuck by hand. Base the unopened oysters on the timing of the ones that open.
- (!)Raw Oyster
- Take it from the experts at Hog Island Oyster Co.: http://www.hogislandoysters.com/kitchen/shucking-oysters
Olivia's passion for food is rooted in California's Bay Area though now regrowing in Austin, Texas. She mixes with her travel experience, eye for beautiful food and intuition to find the next ingredient to keep a balance in life. See what she incorporates next and check-out her website at oliviacaminiti.com