Indian spices and smoky char marks offset the sweetest of the squash in these fun party appetizers.
By Soni Sinha
- Peeled and Cubed Butternut Squash-1 lb
- Couscous-1/2 cup
- Water-1 cup
- Fresh Ginger crushed-1 tbsp
- Ground Cumin-1 tbsp
- Ground Coriander-1 tbsp
- Garam Masala-1 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander chopped-1 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- to pan fry
- Chat Masala-to sprinkle
- Boil the cubed Butternut Squash in some water for about 10-15 until all cooked. Mash it and keep aside.
- Bring a cup of water to a boil and add the couscous. Mix well, cover with a lid and switch off the heat.Let it sit for about two minutes.Fluff it with a fork.
- Mix a cup of cooked couscous into the squash along with the ginger,all the spices and coriander.
- Add salt.
- Take a small portion in your hands to make round disks.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in a non stick pan and swirl the oil all over.Place the patties in a single layer.
- Keep the heat on medium and let it develop a golden color on one side before flipping and repeat the process for the other side too.
- Arrange in a tray along with some salad. Sprinkle chat masala all over. Enjoy!
Soni is a recipe developer, food writer/blogger who creates recipes with a healthy Indian twist. She is a passionate cook and her recipes cater to readers who are are willing to try contemporary Indian flavors in wide ranging fusion dishes that she creates.She shares all her cooking adventures on her blog Soni's Food.